School governors are one of the country's largest voluntary groups with around 345,000 at over 30,000 schools.
Mrs Kate Armstrong
Chair of Governors
Click here to read the latest Governors' Newsletter
Click here to read a letter from our Chair of Governors
Click here to view details of our current Governing body
Click here to view the Instrument of Government Document
Categories of Governors
The make up of our governing body has recently been changed in line with the new regulations for governing bodies. There are now no community governors but we can co-opt governors from the wider community who have the skills we need to make us effective as governors for the school. The other major change under the new regulations is the representation from the Local Authority where we now only have one representative instead of LA governors being one fifth of governing body. So the governors at Greenhill School are now
- Parent governors - selected by election (or appointment if insufficient people stand for election) and drawn from parents and carers of children at the school.
- Staff governors - selected by election from teaching and support staff paid to work at the school
- LA governor - nominated by the Local Authority and accepted by the governing body.
- Co-opted governors determined by the governing body to bring the requisite skills.
- Associate governors – present reports to governors but have no voting rights.
The governing body has a range of duties and powers and a general responsibility for the conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement including setting targets for pupil achievement, managing the school's finances, making sure the curriculum is balanced and broadly based, appointing staff and reviewing staff performance and pay and many more.
Strategic committee which consists of the chair and vice chair of governors, chairs and vice chairs of the sub-committees, business manager and Head.
Finance and Resources Committee (F&RC)
Teaching and Learning Committee ( T&LC)
Governors can be contacted via school in a letter addressed to 'Chair of Governors'. This will be passed, unopened, to the chair.
If you wish to contact a governor directly via email, Kate Armstrong, Chair of Governors, can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org