Please ensure all items are labelled with your child's full name. This will help us return any missing items to you. For ease of labelling you could try pre-printed stick in name labels.
We have a school uniform and we would be very grateful if all parents would support this and ensure that pupils comply with every aspect of the uniform:
- Red sweat top or cardigan with school logo.
- Polo shirt in white or black.
- Plain charcoal grey or black trousers, jogging bottoms, leggings, skirts, pinafore dresses or shorts (Please note these should have “no other trimmings” e.g. Stripes, logos, designer names etc.)
- Plain black, flat‐heeled shoes.
- Red and white checked dresses are acceptable during warm weather.
Children must not wear the following items:
- Brightly coloured tights or socks
- Beachwear/cycling shorts
- Shell suits
- Football kits
- Basketball trainers (i.e. with unfastened long laces and prominent tongues)
- Heeled shoes or inappropriate footwear such as flip flops, beach or party type footwear
- Jewellery (see below)
Hair styles and accessories
Pupils should not have multi-coloured hair unless specified in support of fundraising. Pupils should not have bleached streaks in hair, or patterns cut into hair. In addition, pupils should not have ‘radical’ styles such as a Mohican. Girls should not have extravagant decorations in their hair and hair bands should be plain and in a simple colour. Long hair should be tied back.
Greenhill has a NO JEWELLERY policy. This includes earrings and any other piercings.
For PE and Games
The Governors and staff are all agreed that a smart looking PE kit is essential, both for the safety of the children and for their performance and attitude during PE lessons. The uniform for PE follows a black and white theme, which can be interchangeable.
Boys and Girls PE Kit
Indoor and Summer kit -
- white/black T-Shirt (not a polo shirt)
- white/black shorts
- white/black leotards for girls if preferred
- bare feet preferred, otherwise black or white plimsoles/trainers
Outdoor, autumn and winter games - as above plus whatever else is needed to keep warm
- tracksuit bottoms
- black/white plimsoles or change of trainers
Please note that wax-based hair gel should not be worn to school as it leaves a residue on P.E. equipment and may cause your child to slip.
Other Considerations for P.E. - All children must remove watches. All long hair should be held back with an elasticated hair-band this includes boys and girls.