Primary PE and Sports Premium
The Primary PE and Sport Premium was introduced by the Government in March 2013 to improve the provision of physical education and school sport in primary schools across England. This funding - provided jointly by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to all primary schools. The investment can only be spent on PE and sports provision in schools.
Greenhill will receive £20,100 for the academic year 2022/23.
How will this funding be allocated in school?
At Greenhill Primary we have developed an action plan to ensure this funding is invested to maximise the long term impact on the health and well being of our children.
We closely monitoring the impact of these investments through assessment of children's skills, staff and pupil feedback, uptake of clubs and review of equipment.
- Purchase curriculum support from Forge Valley Sports Partnership which includes the following:
- Active lunchtime clubs
- Active afterschool clubs
- Young Leaders training for Y4-6
- Coaches to work with children during curriculum time
- Support for teaching of PE in school
- Access to Change for Life club
- PE coordinator to work alongside PE Leads in School
- Continued Professional Development (CPD) for lunchtime supervisors
- More equipment for the children to use in lessons times and clubs
- Increase the variety of clubs and activities available
- Access to more sports competitions both within school and with other schools
- Access to festivals and competitions across the city
- CPD for school staff
- Review of schools PE Action Plan